Providing Help and Hope to the Working Poor
During the holiday season, one of the best ways to help people in need is through the Share the Season program. A 16-year program, Share the Season is a joint effort of The Salvation Army, The Wichita Eagle and the Wichita Community Foundation.
Thank you to all who donated to the program in 2015. Together, we raised $218,000 for 145 Wichita families.
A few quick facts about Share the Season (STS):
- STS is a special program providing help and hope to the working poor during the holiday season
- Families who do not qualify for other indigent programs apply for assistance and are screened carefully by the Salvation Army personnel to verify needs
- Each family can receive one-time assistance for needs such as utilities, paying medical bills, etc.
- Payments are made directly to vendors, such as the bank or utility company
- Best way possible to get charitable donations directly to those in need
- The Wichita Eagle donates ad space and runs daily stories on families in need
- The Wichita Community Foundation handles all donations and issues receipts to all who contribute
- STS works in the best possible way, reaching those in need and encouraging our community to be charitable
- Program began in 2000, raising $72,069.59 and helping 100 families the first year
- 3161 families have been helped with $2.9 million in donated funds since inception