Providing help and hope to those in need
During the holiday season, one of the best ways to help people in need is through the Share the Season program. A 21-year program, Share the Season is a joint effort of The Salvation Army, The Wichita Eagle and the Wichita Community Foundation.
Thank you to all who donated to the program in 2019. Together, we raised a total of $202,000. A few quick facts about Share the Season (STS):
- STS is a special program providing help and hope to those in need in Sedgwick County during the holiday season
- Families who do not qualify for other indigent programs apply for assistance and are screened carefully by the Salvation Army personnel to verify needs
- Recipients must have experienced a major event or situation within the past six months that has resulted in a need for financial help
- Each family can receive one-time assistance for needs such as utilities, paying medical bills, etc.
- Payments are made directly to vendors, such as the bank or utility company
- Best way possible to get charitable donations directly to those in need
- The Wichita Eagle donates ad space and runs daily stories on families in need
- The Wichita Community Foundation handles all donations and issues receipts to all who contribute
- STS works in the best possible way, reaching those in need and encouraging our community to be charitable
- Program began in 2000, raising $72,069.59 and helping 100 families the first year
- 3,700 families have been helped with $3.8 million in donated funds since inception
Applications for 2020 will open on November 1, 2020 and close on January 17, 2021 at noon.Apply Now
Donations are accepted year-round. If you prefer to donate by check, please mail to Wichita Community Foundation, 301 N. Main, Ste. 100, Wichita, KS 67202.