Eligibility & Requirements
- Be a resident in Sedgwick County during the academic year
- Be graduating from high school or a GED recipient
- Plan to enroll in an accredited two-year or four year-college in the upcoming academic year
- Complete a minimum of 12 credit hours or the equivalent each semester
- Be of good character; a credit to his or her chosen profession or vocation and to the community in which he/she lives
- Leadership qualities demonstrated through resume
This $1,000 scholarship may be used to pursue a higher level of education at any accredited junior college, college, or university. The Wichita Community Foundation is responsible for the investment, administration and governance of the Optimist Memorial Scholarship Fund.
The application must be electronically submitted by 11:59 pm on March 17, 2018. No exceptions.