Eligibility & Requirements
- Must be a graduating senior from Sterling High School
- Plans to enroll full-time into a post-secondary institution, including vocational education, special education, a two or four-year college or university in the United States
- Minimum cumulative 2.0 out of 4.0 GPA
- Scholarships are awarded on the following criteria:
- Leadership qualities
- School, community service, civil activities and references
- Goals and future plans
- Financial need
The Autobiography is a scholarship fund created by songwriter Nicolle Galyon, a 2002 alum of Sterling High School. The scholarship will be granted annually to one graduate of Sterling High School who is committed to telling a great story with their life. The Autobiography honors the combination of a student's struggle, effort, perseverance, resilience, honesty and passion. The recipient will be chosen by a minimum academic requirement, teacher recommendation, and essay questions that tell a compelling & honest story of that student's journey and intentions for the future. Selection of recipient will be made by a committee, including Galyon. The scholarship is intended to be a one-time award, with no plans for renewal.
The Wichita Community Foundation is responsible for the investment, administration and governance of The Autobiography Scholarship Fund.
Scholarship disbursement will be paid directly to the student’s selected educational institution. No outright gifts to the student recipient will be made.
The application must be electronically submitted by noon on March 31, 2021. No exceptions.