Improving the Quality of Life in Wichita
The Victor Murdock Fund invests in programs that provide creative and practical approaches to solving community problems. Read additional details and commentary in the press release.
What we fund
- Programs serving Wichita, Kan.
- Programs that avoid duplication of existing services
- Programs that facilitate collaboration among nonprofit organizations
- Organizations that are fiscally sound
- Programs that exhibit measureable results
What we decline
- General operational expenses
- Reduction of organizational debt
- Direct lobbying or influencing decisions
- Tax-supported government functions
- Fundraising and capital campaigns and expenses
- Support of religious organizations for religious purposes
All applicants to Victor Murdock Fund at the Wichita Community Foundation must be in good standing with the Kansas Secretary of State’s office, must be currently exempt under IRS Section 501(c)(3,) and classified as an organization to which contributions are deductible under Section 170(c)(2), normally a public charity under Section 509(a).
If an emerging nonprofit is certified by the Internal Revenue Service through a form 1023EZ, or is working with a qualified Kansas nonprofit as their fiscal agent, they may apply.
Due to the COVID-19 virus, this grant funding is temporarily being shifted. Applications will reopen in 2022. Check back periodically for updates.