George R. Tiller, M.D. Memorial Fund for the Advancement of Women’s Health
The George R. Tiller, M.D. Memorial Fund for the Advancement of Women’s Health seeks grant requests from nonprofits serving Kansas to continue his vision of helping women help themselves. These grants will provide comprehensive health services, support and compassion to vulnerable women to enhance their ability to realize their dreams.
The Tiller Fund requires that all requests focus on reproductive health and services to women in need.
What we fund
- Medical education, but not scholarships
- Medical testing expenses linked to reproductive health for women in need
- Fellowships or research related to women’s reproductive health
- Sex education programs in elementary, middle or high schools
- Fraternal, social or veteran organizations providing women’s reproductive health
- Film, video or documentary productions on women’s reproductive health
- Programs or events promoting women’s reproductive health
- Substance abuse programs for women in need
- Offsetting the delivery of medical services related to reproductive health to women
- Disease specific organizations related to reproductive health, such as breast or ovarian
What we decline
The Fund will not accept grant requests for business expense operations, advertising, travel, scholarships, transportation costs, rent, living expenses, tables at charity events, capital or endowment campaigns, publications, or computer equipment.
All applicants to the George R. Tiller, M.D. Memorial Fund at the Wichita Community Foundation must be in good standing with the Kansas Secretary of State’s office, must be currently exempt under IRS Section 501(c)(3), and classified as an organization to which contributions are deductible under Section 170(c)(2), normally a public charity under Section 509(a).
If an emerging nonprofit is certified by the Internal Revenue Service through a form 1023EZ, or is working with a qualified Kansas nonprofit as their fiscal agent, they may apply.
Requests from the George R. Tiller, M.D. Memorial Fund should not exceed $10,000.
Applications are available online only and cannot be saved and returned to at a later time. If you do not have access to a computer, please visit your nearest public library for access.
All grants are awarded at the discretion of the advisors to the Tiller Memorial Fund, subject to the approval of the Board of Directors of the Wichita Community Foundation.
Nonprofits will be notified of awarded grants in mid-May, 2019.
Program start dates will be from June 1, 2019 to May 31, 2020.
Checks will be mailed on or before June 1, 2019.
Grant Progress Reports are due to the Wichita Community Foundation following the completion of any grant project, or within 12 months of the date of the grant award.
Applications are due Jan. 31, 2019 at noon.